In Nature there are countless types of Moss. This plant is usually found in the undergrowth of woods and forests where it is rather damp and where sunlight hardly ever shines.
LinfaDecor uses many different types of preserved Moss in its interior decorating modules, for example, in Green Walls, Greenery Frameworks, furnishing assets and decorative items.
The different kinds of Moss available are:
- Ball-like Moss: bright green, in clusters of small spheres
- Provençal Stone-like Moss: from France with a stone-like top surface
- Flat Alpine Moss: dark green and brown, smooth velvet-like top surface
- Tamarind Moss: originating from the typical Indian or African tree, it has a curly pattern
- Star-shaped Moss or Star Moss: soft bright light-green moss with tiny star-shaped pattern
The Northern Lichen is very peculiar type of Moss. You can look it up in our Catalogue, to which we have dedicated a specific section (this is why we haven’t included it in the above-mentioned classification).
The Moss is handpicked in sustainable growing areas. The stabilizing technique stops it from ageing and prevents it from withering and drying out for at least 10 years. Once the plants undergo the stabilizing treatment, they stop growing and they remain unaltered. However, photosynthesis is consequently also blocked.
In order to clean Preserved Moss, it is sufficient to use a cold-air hairdryer, at minimum power, to dust it off. We strongly advise you not to expose it to direct sunlight and not to place it near heating devices like heaters or the like. It is perfectly normal to smell a slight scent of forest undergrowth at the beginning and to notice a small colour change in time.
Contact us without obligation to find out about the price for the product most fit for your needs.